The SSD’s in the BOINCstats servers are now five years old. I’m surprised they lasted this long but the signs are there that they will soon break down. A lot of the stats problems (empty listings for example) are because the SSD’s can’t process all data send from the update server to the web-servers fast enough which causes a high load on the servers which results in data loss.
There are 16 SSD’s in total, all 80GB Intel SSD’s. There are no 80GB SSD’s anymore from Intel or Samsung (two brands I trust) so I have chosen a 128GB Samsung model (Samsung 850 Pro MZ-7KE128BW).
Once the SSD’s are bought I will upgrade the servers, not only with the new SSD’s but with a fresh OS and new database software as well.
UPDATE 2015-12-07: I had to buy a automatic transfer switch after a power failure today. The cost is €600.
- 6Campaign #
- 0Days left
- 6.06595634 BTCBitcoins
- 2100 EURDonation goal
How to donate?
Donation Method #1: Mine cryptocurrencies with your computer with the help of Bitcoin Utopia BOINC server
- Go to Bitcoin Utopia BOINC server and create an account.
- Download and install BOINC software.
- Run BOINC. Select Add Project. When prompted, enter your account information and enter http://www.bitcoinutopia.net/bitcoinutopia/
- 1.5% – 3%Fee for 3rd Party Pool Servers
- 0%Fee for Bitcoin Utopia (after the 3rd party pool fees)
Donation Method #2: Send cryptocurrencies
|BitCoins (BTC)||112wJ1CXZNSxkf42XqYGHYV1hCmYfgZWxm||Tweet #bitcoin|